The word count must be a minimum of 200 words. The stories would be selected, edited and processed.
b. Please login to the website and use this form to submit your story/poem https://tellmeyourstory.in/submit-a-story/. We will get back to you at the earliest.
c. Your submissions must be only in English. Right now we aren’t accepting stories in vernacular media. We make an exception and get the stories translated ourselves only when they come from the underprivileged belts or remote areas or have any other special conditions.
d. #TellMeYourStory might edit your submissions to correct the language or grammar. If there’s any further re-writing required, we will connect with you and seek your participation while doing so. We are never put up any story unless all changes are approved by the author. However, in case the author refuses to cooperate with the editorial advises, which are committed to maintain the quality of literature, the editor will take a final call as to whether the story proceeds towards publication or is dropped. The author will be informed accordingly.
e. Any story submitted cannot be withdrawn once it has run through the editorial process.
f. While you login to our website, please place your social media handles in the relevant boxes given in the subscription form. That would help us to carry your story with your facebook/twitter/linkedin handles so that people can reach out to the authors directly, if they wish to..
g. If you have a query, please use this form https://tellmeyourstory.in/contact/ and mention “Query” in the subject line.
h. Given below are the Terms & Conditions and a Disclaimer for the entries received under #TellMeYourStory. Please do go through them. When we receive your stories, we understand that you have agreed to the Terms & Conditions.
1. You represent that any material, notes, stories, poems, excerpts, books, other pieces of literary work (“Work”)submitted by you or on your instructions, to the owner of the website #TellMeYourStory (“Website Owner”) is your original creation and does not breach any other person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree and undertake that you shall be solely responsible for any claims or liabilities, made, awarded or arising on account of any breach of copyright by you or this this representation. If the Website Owner or any member of its employees, advisors, consultants or publishers have to face or defend any legal action or proceedings on account of allegation, claim or finding of breach of copyright by you or any claim is awarded is awarded against them you shall be solely responsible for costs and consequences thereof and shall keep the Website Owner or any member of its employees, advisors, consultants or publishers fully indemnified in this regard.
2. You further agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and by submitting Work to the Website Owner you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
3. You agree that your act of submitting Work to the Website Owner expressly amounts to grant of an exclusive unconditional license on the Work, to the Website Owner. You further agree that such license is terminable only with mutual written consent of the Website Owner. Provided, however, the Website Owner will have the right to reject or remove your Work in writing after submission or at any other time, without assigning any reason, in which case the aforesaid license shall be deemed to terminate. The Website Owner is not obliged to entertain any correspondence from you or any other party in this regard.
4. The Website Owner has absolute discretion to remove the Work from the Website at any time without assigning any reason.
5. The Website Owner does not permit publication of the Work by you in any other media (electronic, print or any other media). The Website Owner does not accept for publication, any Work by you that has already appeared in any other media (electronic, print or any other media).
6. The Website Owner shall endeavour to get the Work published in other websites and other media but shall have no contractual or legal obligation to do so, nor be liable in any manner on failure to do so. In the event that the Work is published elsewhere on account of the Website Owner’s efforts, then the Website Owner shall have the exclusive right to negotiate and agree the terms of such publication including any consideration agreed to be paid by the publisher. The Website Owner shall pay to you, half of the amount of such consideration agreed after it is paid to, and received by the Website Owner, after deducting expenses incurred by the Website Owner in pursuing publication of the Work. You agree and undertake to accept the representation made to you by Website Owner and document in support thereof, of the amount of Compensation agreed and paid, as being true and correct. The Website Owner will not be obliged to share with you any vouchers or bills or break up of expense and expense sheet shared with you shall be considered final proof of expense made.
7. You further agree and undertake that pursuant to the Website Owner’s attempts to get the Work published elsewhere, if any document or contract or other material is required to be signed by you in respect of your Work and its publication, you will enter into such contract or undertakings as the Website Owner or any third party publisher may reasonably require from you, in order to get the Work published by such third party publisher.
8. You agree that any dispute or differences arising between you and Website Owner will be resolved amicably in the first instance, falling which by way of arbitration under the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act as applicable at the time of dispute.
9. Laws of India will apply.
10. Courts in Mumbai only will have jurisdiction.
The information contained in this website is general information about the owner/s or promoter/s of the site. Also it is meant to host stories, book reviews, book excerpts, poems by contributors, the rights of which remain with the owner/s of the site. Replicating content from here without informing the concerned individuals or authorities might invite legal action.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the owner. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
In no event the owner of the site will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the owner takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.